Things You Need to Know When Using a Gaming Logo Creator
Are you developing the next big thing in the gaming world? Does your clan or squad need a logo to represent your group? Whether it’s for a game or a team, an eye-catching logo helps people remember you and create a visual representation of the virtues you stand for.
Why You Need a Logo
The gaming world is continuously growing and is more competitive than ever. Just last year, the industry racked up approximately $135 billion in revenue. That’s about a 10% increase from the previous year.
What does it mean for you? Opportunities! People must see and remember you. Your logo will help you do just that.
Also, it will help your target audience develop powerful associations with your brand. For instance, if you want your team to be known for its prowess or cunning ability, choose a symbol that represents just that in your logo? To do this is, consider using an icon of an animal known for its strength. Popular animals used in logos are lions, wolves, and tigers.
What Makes a Great Gaming Logo?
Deciding on a gaming logo is a bit complex than simply creating a logo for a company or a product. Typically, a gaming company has its distinct branding apart from the actual logos that you create for your games. Consider your games as a sub-brand and then work out how these two elements should complement each other. Think Nintendo, Sega, or PlayStation.
Once you’ve decided on that, it’s time to consider other elements.
- Colours – bold and bright colour palettes are popular for both video and board games. If you would like to choose something different, be sure that the colours tie in neatly with what the overall theme and feel of the game.
- Words/Text — Wordmarks are also common for games — and for a good reason. What better way to help the market remember your game than to use its name as your logo?
- Player Persona — The best gaming logos around consider their player personas. If you’re catering to young players, consider having a logo that appeals to them. Younger players are often attracted to comical logos with fun colours.
- Gaming Period or Setting — Are you building a story game set in a specific period? Consider adding an element that represents that period. This will help your target market know what your game is about and what to expect from it.
Top Gaming Logo Design Themes
Need inspiration from the most popular gaming logos around? Here are some of our favourites
Atari effectively used symbolism in their logo. The iconic stylised letter A in their name is said to represent their Pong, their first game that has been successful on the market. Others speculate that it symbolises Mt. Fuji.
Sega’s logo went through several changes over the years. All the variations, however, had one consistent element — the white and blue outlines. The lesson? Don’t be afraid to test out different styles but keep the overall design consistent. Consistency will help make your gaming logo timeless.
Just like Sega, PlayStation’s logo had gone through several variations before it arrived at the logo design we all know and love today. The consistent component in its logo is the iconic P.
Since the 1960s, Nintendo’s logo has seen minimal revisions. The company has kept the famous typography logo for decades. But did you know that its original logo was initially written in Kanji?
Popular Gaming Logo Design
Logo design trends for games and gamers are often around these themes:
- Fighter logos such as warriors, knights, Vikings, and ninjas
- Fantasy logos like dragons, goblins, and wizards. These are perfect for story games that are set in a particular era.
- Animals, including bulls, foxes, and snakes. What better way to associate powerful and strong imagery for your clan or game than by using animals, right?
- Forces of Nature, such as cyclones, fires, and tornados. These are great for strategy games.
If you can’t decide on a logo design theme, try one of these themes, and you’ll never go wrong with it.
Creating Your Logo with BrandCrowd Gaming Logo Creator
In the past, you need to work with graphic artists and invest heavily in logo design. Fortunately, that’s not how it works today. Now, you can easily make your own logo with a gaming logo creator. The best thing about it is that you won’t have to spend thousands of dollars on it!
Here’s how to get started.
- Visit https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker and type in your game or clan name. Once you hit the create logo button, you’d get hundreds of design options created by professional game logo designers.
At BrandCrowd, we pride ourselves with having a community of professional and experienced designers. You can be sure that you’re getting designs made by experts.
- Choose from hundreds of designs. You have many options readily available. Browse through all of them to find a design that works well with your brand.
Pro tip: Create a shortlist of designs that you want. This way, you won’t end up dazed and confused trying to remember the designs that have caught your attention.
- Customise Your Logo. Have a go at it and customise it as much as you want. You already got a base design from our community of designers. You can rest assured that your design will look as professional as you want it to be.
- Download Your Logo. Once you’re happy with your logo design, you could instantly download it and use it. It’s that simple!
Having a professionally designed logo doesn’t need to be expensive. With BrandCrowd’s gaming logo maker, you could generate hundreds of gaming logos in a second. Pick a design and customise it as much as you want. There’s no limit to what you can do with our easy-to-use logo maker.
Ready to get started and gain XP points in gaming logo design? Take the first step here. If you need more customisation or require assistance, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.
Check out these fantastic gaming logo design ideas:
- Logos for games (https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker/tag/game)
- Logos for gamers (https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker/tag/gamer)
- Logos for gaming (https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker/tag/gaming)
- Logos for eSports (https://www.brandcrowd.com/maker/tag/esports)
Here are other resources to help you create the best gaming logo:
- 44 Powerful Superhero Logos (https://www.brandcrowd.com/blog/20-powerful-superhero-logos/)
- 17 Wolf Logos That Will Make You Howl (https://www.brandcrowd.com/blog/16-wolf-logos-that-will-make-you-howl/)
- 15 Lion Logos To Make You Roar (https://www.brandcrowd.com/blog/15-lion-logos-to-make-your-roar/)
- Create a Gaming Logo for Your Team or Clan (https://www.brandcrowd.com/blog/create-a-gaming-logo-for-your-team-or-clan/)